Sunday, March 02, 2008

Tidbits

Got sick this week, but managed to strategically place it so it didn't affect my ability to earn an income. Okay, that's not true; I was just lucky.

Did my first on-camera commercial audition in a long while and felt good about it, which was like the scent of a former lover.

I recorded a radio spot for a dot-com. No idea what the usage will be.

I've basically washed my hands of union politics over the past two years for my own mental health; but I noticed with some smug satisfaction that, after succeeding in basically killing the Phase I agreement with AFTRA (after years of hard campaigning by that crabby segment of the membership whom I tactfully call The Stupid Idiots), SAG suddenly reversed itself by an 86%-13% vote. Welcome to pragmatism, my friends.

I saw on the news that Hillary Clinton ran a spot that some thought was reminiscent of Johnson's "Daisies" spot of long ago. I don't know if I'd go that far; I was more interested that, when they ran the spot during a news story, I recognized the voiceover as an old friend of mine. For those who wonder if actors used in political spots simply whore their talents out to whoever will pay scale, that certainly may be true in some cases, but in this particular instance I know that the guy has been a Clinton supporter (and maximum campaign contributor) for many years. I gotta love the consistency...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I recorded a radio spot for a dot-com

alex dinovi said...

I wonder if this is Evan from my monologue class, by chance? Let me know :)

-Alex

Anonymous said...

If you are interested or if you want to share on your blog:

Towers Productions is producing a four-hour television special on the Civil War. We are casting for eight main roles and various side characters. The story will be told from the point of view of the soldiers.

Breakdown: Male actors (18-35), physically fit. Must be in the Chicago area and Non-Union. Stage combat, ability to grow facial hair, Boston or Southern accent a plus. Prefer some experience but amateurs are welcome.

Please email headshot, resume and contact info to: casting@towersproductions.com.

*If contacted, you will need to be available on February 24th for auditions.

Teena said...

It was nice to see this actor from the chicago. Thanks for sharing this info.
Datastage