Wednesday, April 27, 2005

And the Fun Keeps Happening

I'm writing this from a hotel room in Indianapolis. Why? Because I landed that commercial for the Regional Bank. Actually, I landed both it and the industrial I auditioned for the same day but, as they both shoot tomorrow (Thursday), I had to let one go. Nothing against industrials or the people who cast me -- it just came down to a choice between a half-day's session fee under AFTRA, or a full day under SAG (with travel, residuals, credit toward health benefits, etc.)

Anyhoo...

The shoot is actually scheduled for Thursday night, starting at 8:00pm and running into the wee hours. The client's put me up in a downtown hotel with free high-speed Internet access (yay!) and a suggestion that I sleep away as much of tomorrow as possible. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first out-of-town overnighter I've had since I was in "The Big Show" (more on that later) and, while this is something of a come-down, I have to say that I was not only missing it but I actually think I like this set-up better -- i.e., a business-oriented hotel versus something 4-star, driving my own car (even if it's a rental) versus being chauffeured in a limo, free Internet versus a swimming pool, etc.

And, of course, I'm looking forward to working tomorrow night.

No comments: